Director of Software Engineering
Posted 3 Days Ago, Remote, Full-time
We are on the forefront of creating engaging entertainment solutions for esports communities. Rooted in Germany we embrace remote team culture and look to grow our global footprint.
What we need
We are looking for someone to lead our software architecture and development process across all our technologies and product lines. Someone who as part of the senior leadership team identifies and plans the technical aspect of business cases for existing and new solutions. Someone who thrives at executing in a volatile industry that offers equal parts opportunity and challenge with a true “full-stack” software engineering background. Exceptional skills in back-end service architecture, paired with a sufficient level of understanding when it comes to cloud infrastructure as well as front-end decision making.
What you will do
- Interface with external groups throughout the whole SDLC
- Lead your engineering teams and provide direction, strategy and architecture
- Mentor other engineers in best-practices, provide code feedback and lead your teams by example
- Guide interdisciplinary teams to a future-proof documentation workflow
- Participate in development of new solutions and maintenance of existing technology alike
Who we believe will be a great fit
You will be a great fit for our team if you excel at leading and managing strong characters with diverse cultural and geographical backgrounds. As a leader you prioritize driving consensus and influencing your peers rather than ruling top-down by decree of your position.You iterate fast and keep an agnostic approach to latest technologies, focusing on what gets the job done smart, elegant and simple.You embrace the daily dose of problem solving without losing sight of the bigger picture, always keeping an eye set on ensuring our customers' requests are met with a sense of urgency and that work is delivered in a timely manner.
- A passion for esports
- A background in the sports betting industry
- Solid hands-on experience with GitOps principles and tooling
- Working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform